IoD Centre for Corporate Governance became a legal entity on 17th May, 2006. It is a collaborative project of three partners namely: Institute of Directors Nigeria, an affiliate of the Institute of Directors, United Kingdom and Member of the African Corporate Governance Network, which is the premier organization in Nigeria responsible for director development, the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), the regulatory authority for the Nigerian Capital Market and the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), the sole agency of government responsible for registration of companies in Nigeria. IoD Centre for Corporate Governance is a registered non-profit organization committed to improving and promoting good corporate governance principles, standards and practices in Nigeria through advocacy, research, high quality training and Corporate Governance consulting mandates.
The Centre is at the forefront of advocating the application of leading practices by private and public organisations, thereby contributing to, and advancing best and leading practices and culture of good Corporate Governance. IoDCCG is an Affiliate Member of the African Corporate Governance Network (ACGN) and is authorized to use ACGN’s Logo in that regard.
Activities of the Centre
The activities of the Centre include the following:
- High quality Corporate Governance research and publications.
- Corporate Governance training workshops, seminars and Conferences
- Advocacy and public enlightenment campaigns including devising means of identifying private and public sector organisations who are focused on achieving and maintaining high Corporate Governance standards.
- Corporate Governance consultancy services to public and private sector organisations, including design and development of Corporate Governance framework, board Induction, Corporate Governance training and mentoring, aimed at enhancing their Corporate Governance standards and practices.
- Board and Corporate Evaluation
- Collaborations and Alliances for promotion of good Corporate Governance principles.
- Supporting institutionalization of global leading practices in Corporate Governance.
Membership of the Centre is open to corporate organisations in both the public and private sectors as well as to Not for Profit Organisations (NfPOs).
What We Believe
To work with key institutions in the public and private sectors, advocating and facilitating the maintenance of an effective Corporate Governance environment in Nigeria.